GUI Tools Programmer
Guerrilla is recruiting for a C# GUI Tools Programmer to reinforce its Tools & Tech division. Our tools team develops standalone tools (mostly written in C#, sometimes in C++ or Python), as well as editing functionality integrated in game or in Maya (written in C++ and Python). It is also responsible for the asset pipeline, ensuring a smooth flow from the hands of the developers, through various build servers and optimization steps and into the final game.
As a tools programmer, you will take input from all disciplines to help streamline the entire game creation process. You’ll work together with designers, artists and other programmers to analyze their workflow, identify areas for improvement, and implement tools and processes to increase their productivity and creative freedom. You’ll develop new C# GUI tools and improve existing ones, keeping a strong focus on the user interface and the underlying workflow process.
Are you the tools programmer we’re looking for? We want to hear from you if:
- You have a service-oriented attitude and an eye for efficiency, workflow and usability.
- You’re an experienced C# programmer with an interest in GUI development
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re comfortable working with a very large existing code-base and tool set.
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic development environment.
We especially want to hear from you if:
- You possess knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms.
- You have experience with Maya, Python scripting and Perforce.
- You have experience with client-server programming and distributed processes.
- You have past experience programming C# and GUI applications in an unrelated industry.
- You have past experience with large, scalable systems and high performance computers in an unrelated industry.
- You have past experience in a similar position in the gaming industry.
About GuerillaFounded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller studios, Guerrilla now employs 130 developers from 20 different nationalities. Its commitment to recruiting, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry make Guerrilla an expert in the ‘expat experience’.
When applying for a programming position, it is essential that we see examples of your programming code. We want to verify your ability to write clean, well-documented and stable code. Examples should demonstrate that you have a desire to make games, and possess the necessary skills to do so.
Portfolios can be submitted in HTML format, as a ZIP archive, or via an URL.
General Application Requirements
How to Apply
To apply for a position at Guerrilla, please click on the link below the desired job opening. You will be required to enter your CV, motivation and, where applicable, your portfolio.
Your CV (resume) should outline your educational and vocational qualifications, your relevant work experience and the software packages that you are familiar with.
When applying for employment, the motivation is just as important as the CV. It introduces you to us, and it gives us a first impression of who you are.