Shader & Texture Artist
Guerrilla is looking for a Shader & Texture Artist to strike the right node! As the successful candidate, you’ll develop the artistic look of the material expressions in our game world. Using your considerable expertise in photography, Photoshop and node-based shader creation tools, you will craft photorealistic organic and inorganic material looks, as well as complex animated special effect shaders such as water, fire and smoke. You’ll work with the Art Director, Asset Artists and Environment Artist to achieve a consistent, high-quality style. In addition, you will tutor other artists in shading techniques, and work with our Engine programmers to identify and develop new techniques.
Ready to compare nodes? We want to hear from you if:
- You're an excellent Texture Artist with a good eye for photorealism.
- You have at least 3 years of prior professional experience within the gaming or movie industry under your belt.
- You possess in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge shader techiques (software rendering as well as real-time rendering) and you’re able to discuss those with engine programmers on a technical level.
- You’re eager and able to push the envelope and drive Guerrilla’s engine and shading technology forward.
- You have proven experience with node-based shader creation tools such as Maya, XSI or Unreal.
- You possess excellent Photoshop and photography skills.
- You’re adept at understanding and solving artistic as well as technical problems.
- You have a good understanding of memory and performance constraints, and know how to optimize shaders while maintaining high quality.
- You have an excellent grasp of modeling, animation, UV mapping and rendering.
- You're articulate, have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- You enjoy working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams.
No knowledge is CGfx or other shading languages is needed.
Please node: Applications submitted without portfolio or demoreel will not be considered.
About GuerillaFounded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller studios, Guerrilla now employs 130 developers from 20 different nationalities. Its commitment to recruiting, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry make Guerrilla an expert in the ‘expat experience’.
Artist or Animator Portfolio
All applications should be supported by relevant work examples. Your portfolio should demonstrate your suitability for the position that you are applying for. When recruiting artists and animators, we like to see a selection of work in a variety of styles.
Portfolios can be submitted in PDF format, as a ZIP archive, or via a URL.
General Application Requirements
How to Apply
To apply for a position at Guerrilla, please click on the link below the desired job opening. You will be required to enter your CV, motivation and, where applicable, your portfolio.
Your CV (resume) should outline your educational and vocational qualifications, your relevant work experience and the software packages that you are familiar with.
When applying for employment, the motivation is just as important as the CV. It introduces you to us, and it gives us a first impression of who you are.