Tools Pipeline Programmer
We are looking for a programmer to help improve our content pipeline, ensuring a smooth flow from the hands of the developers, through various build servers and optimization steps, into the final game. The content pipeline handles very large amounts of complex data and integrates with all game sub systems; it is a critical part of the development process and needs to be very reliable and have very good performance. The pipeline itself is an integral part of the game engine, written in C++, while some of the surrounding tools are made in C#. All are maintained and developed by the tools team, which takes input from all disciplines (art, design & coding) to help streamline the entire game creation process, always trying to increase productivity and creative freedom.
Are you the tools programmer we’re looking for? We want to hear from you if:
- You have a passion for solving complex problems with high quality code.
- You have excellent knowledge of C++; experience with C# will be helpful.
- You’re comfortable working with a large existing code-base and tool set.
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly technical and dynamic development environment.
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a service-oriented attitude and an eye for efficiency, workflow and usability.
We especially want to hear from you if:
- You have experience with parallel programming, distributed processes or client-server development.
- You have past experience with large, scalable systems and high performance computers in an unrelated industry.
- You have past experience in a similar position in the gaming industry.
About GuerillaFounded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller studios, Guerrilla now employs 130 developers from 20 different nationalities. Its commitment to recruiting, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry make Guerrilla an expert in the ‘expat experience’.
When applying for a programming position, it is essential that we see examples of your programming code. We want to verify your ability to write clean, well-documented and stable code. Examples should demonstrate that you have a desire to make games, and possess the necessary skills to do so.
Portfolios can be submitted in HTML format, as a ZIP archive, or via an URL.
General Application Requirements
How to Apply
To apply for a position at Guerrilla, please click on the link below the desired job opening. You will be required to enter your CV, motivation and, where applicable, your portfolio.
Your CV (resume) should outline your educational and vocational qualifications, your relevant work experience and the software packages that you are familiar with.
When applying for employment, the motivation is just as important as the CV. It introduces you to us, and it gives us a first impression of who you are.