Oversee the design and development of Guerrilla’s external projects.
Guerrilla is looking for a Design Director for External Projects (DDEP) to oversee the design and development of our external game projects. As the successful candidate, you will work with internal stakeholders and external teams to create games of the highest possible quality. This a unique opportunity to work at Guerrilla on exciting projects with talented teams across the world.
What you will do
As a DDEP at Guerrilla, we will look to you to:
- Drive external projects to our high quality standards.
- Be the main spokesperson for all design related topics for external projects.
- Manage and provide feedback on the vision, direction, design decisions and milestone goals.
- Provide clear direction and feedback from Guerrilla’s key stakeholders to design directors and game designers of partner companies.
- Communicate and protect the values and standards of the IP and franchise.
- Work with Guerrilla’s project managers to set milestone goals and evaluate deliverables.
- Relay information from external teams and projects to the relevant internal stakeholders.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are broadly experienced in all areas of Game Design.
- Have at least 6 years experience in a senior Game Design role, with at least 3 years experience in leading and mentoring a team.
- Are thoroughly versed in all phases of game development, from early concepts to post-launch support.
- Know how to keep a high-level overview, determine priorities, and provide resulting feedback and guidance in a constructive manner.
- Have a robust portfolio of shipped projects that evidence your ability to deliver engaging, AAA-quality player experiences
- Can speak to your experience in working successfully with external teams.
- Possess a creative and analytical mind.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Are passionate about games, and ideally have prior experience working with high profile, licenced IP
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, our vacancies are based on-site, in our studio in Amsterdam. For qualified candidates, we offer visa, permit, relocation and immigration support. Depending on the role, we do offer hybrid work models allowing our employees to work from home one or more days per week.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and a link or PDF file of your portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work.