Guerrilla is looking for a Principal Tools Programmer to help develop the Decima Engine's Editor! This role requires strong programming skills and a passion for good user experience.
Who we are
The Tools Team
At Guerrilla, the Tools Team is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the Decima Editor.
The Decima Editor is used in-house and externally by hundreds of artists and designers to develop extraordinary open world games! It's a comprehensive native desktop application encompassing a 3D and 2D world editor, asset browser, node-based editors, a sequencer timeline, review tools, localization, and sound design pipelines.
Our Tools Team is also responsible for the application framework that the Decima Editor is built upon. This framework is used by other programming teams to develop tools within the Decima Editor.
We are proud of creating an innovative, powerful toolset and of supporting other teams of programmers, artists, and designers to achieve their vision!
What you will do
In this role, you will:
- Work in a team of software engineers, and interact closely with artists and designers
- Collaborate to analyze workflows, and identify areas for improvement
- Establish requirements, and design & implement solutions
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Contribute to the vision for content-authoring tools within a large, dynamic games studio
Who you are
To qualify for this position, we expect you to have/be:
- At least 6 years of DCC/GUI Tools Development experience in the games industry or a related industry
- You are an experienced C++ programmer with excellent software design and architecture skills
- Skilled in algorithms, software design & architecture, and debugging
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset
- An excellent written & verbal communicator
Things that we consider as bonuses, but are not hard requirements include:
- Experience working on AAA game tools/pipelines
- Skilled in tools design, workflows and usability
- An understanding of game development pipelines and production cycles
If you think you’re up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit:
- Cover Letter
If you have existing materials:
- C++ code sample that showcases your programming skills. Please include an overview.
- Demo material presenting your tools (video or screenshots and a short overview).
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths, and perspectives they will bring to the role.