Senior Character Combat Designer
Guerrilla is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Combat Designer to help create Playable Characters that are fun and memorable to play in combat. We are searching for a candidate with a keen eye for detail, who can bring animations, input timing, visual and sound effects together into a cohesive experience for gamers of multiple skill levels.
What you will do
As a Senior Character Combat Designer at Guerrilla, you will:
- Work closely with Lead Combat Designer to design unique abilities that are exciting to execute, offer tactical choices, and create cooperative opportunities, for multiple player characters
- Work closely with animators, gameplay programmers in a multi-disciplinary team to develop character abilities from concept to release
- Use metrics, player feedback, and a multitude of diverse analytics to improve and refine the design over time
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have gained experience as a Combat Designer on multiple titles for at least 5 years.
- Have shipped at least one AAA game where you were heavily involved in, or in charge of, player combat mechanics and abilities.
- Have experience with visual scripting languages (Blueprint, Node Graphs, and so on).
- Are comfortable working with animation driven systems and familiar with the challenges of state replication.
- Have a passion for, and deep understanding of, third-person combat mechanics and have thoroughly played a wide variety of different titles.
- Like working with hands-on prototypes.
- Are comfortable with providing and receiving constructive criticism.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Are self-motivated and take initiative.
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, our vacancies are based on-site, in our studio in Amsterdam. For qualified candidates, we offer visa, permit, relocation and immigration support. Depending on the role, we do offer hybrid work models allowing our employees to work from home one or more days per week.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and a link or PDF file of your portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work.