Senior Cinematic Tech Programmer
Guerrilla is looking for a Cinematic Tech Programmer to improve and extend the cinematic animation technology and tools used in our upcoming titles.
Who we are
At Guerrilla we love making world-class real-time cinematic experiences.
The Cinematic Tech team works closely with other programmers, designers, and animators to create highly performant real-time cinematic systems. We also create the tools in the Decima Engine’s Editor our content creators use to build cinematics.
The system is based on a state machine of linear timelines. The user can customize the state machine with various logic to create non-linear scenarios and the timelines are used to create animation sequences. This creates a very flexible and powerful system that is, among others, used for anything from non-linear conversations, rappelling down a Tallneck to full-on cinematics.
This system is where all departments join to create amazing visual statements. Anything from character animating to VFX, lighting, camera work, facial animations, and sound, comes together here. The announcement trailer of Horizon Forbidden West shows our cinematic system in action.
Software created by the Cinematic Tech team supports our users every step of the way, from importing animations and sounds to the Decima Engine’s editor, to playing them in real-time in the engine. We build and maintain flexible innovative pipelines to and from various content creation tools. We create new content creation tools within the Decima Engine’s editor to optimize workflows and enable our users. We architect new runtime systems in the Decima Engine to push our technology even further.
What you will do
- You will work in a team of software engineers and interact closely with artists and designers
- You will work on our extensive real-time sequence system as described above
- You will architect, develop, and maintain new features and tools for our sequence and cinematic pipelines
- You will work side-by-side with artists, designers, and animators to realize their creative vision and optimize their workflows
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of (C++) professional programming experience, preferably in the game industry
- You are experienced working on a large code base
- You are skilled in architecting and implementing larger systems
- You have strong user-facing qualities and solid interpersonal skills
- You are interested in user experience and user interfaces
- You have a passion for making games
- You are curious about animation and cinematography
- You have Python knowledge
- You have worked with DCC tools like Maya or MotionBuilder
- You have animation programming experience
- You have experience in camera/character/ facial animation and/or mocap
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter; we like to learn a bit about your background and your reasons for applying at Guerrilla.
If you have any supporting materials such as C++ code examples, demo reels, etc. that you'd like to show us, we encourage you to include them in your application.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.