Guerrilla is looking for a Tools/Engine Programmer to join our Cinematic Tech team, to help improve and extend the cinematic animation technology and tools used in our upcoming titles.
WHO WE ARE
At Guerrilla we love making world-class real-time cinematic experiences.
Our Cinematic Tech team works closely with other programmers, designers, and animators to create highly performant real-time cinematic systems. We also produce the tools our content creators use in the Decima Engine’s Editor to build cinematics.
Software created by the Cinematic Tech team supports our users every step of the way, from importing animations and sounds to the Decima Editor, to playing them in real-time in the engine. We build and maintain flexible innovative pipelines to and from various content creation tools.
Our Cinematic system is a flexible and powerful system used for anything from non-linear conversations, rappelling down a Tallneck to full-on cinematics. Its core is based on a state machine of linear timelines, which users can customize to create non-linear scenarios and the timelines are used to create animation sequences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Tools Programmer on the Cinematic Tech team, we will look to you to:
- Tackle complex coding tasks together with your fellow software engineers, to ensure our cinematic systems perform flawlessly
- Partner closely with artists and designers, bringing their visions to life. You'll optimize their workflows, turning creative ideas into cinematic experiences that captivate players.
- Develop our extensive real-time sequence system by refining both its runtime functionality and the supporting tools that empower our creative process.
- Architect, develop, and maintain cutting-edge features and tools for our dynamic sequence and cinematic pipelines.
WHO YOU ARE
To be considered a candidate for this role, we expect you to:
- Have repeatedly proven your ability to architect, build, and scale complex systems in C++
- Provide examples of how your contributions have empowered artists, designers, and animators to bring their creative visions to life
- Highlight specific instances where your strong user-facing qualities and solid interpersonal skills have made a measurable impact.
As a bonus, please also let us know if you have any experience with the following:
- Building systems that fused storytelling, animation, and interactivity with DCC tools like Maya or MotionBuilder
- Animation Programming
- Programming with Python
- Working with projects that utilized in camera/character/ facial animation and/or mocap
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter; we like to learn a bit about your background and your reasons for applying at Guerrilla.
If you have any supporting materials such as C++ code examples, demo reels, etc. that you'd like to show us, we encourage you to include them in your application.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths, and perspectives they will bring to the role.