Senior Game Programmer
Guerrilla, developers of Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West, are looking for a Senior Programmer to join the Game Code team.
What will you do
In this role you can expect to:
- Work together with the design and animation teams to create the systemic and gameplay features of an epic open world game;
- Be part an experienced team of programmers, responsible for a wide range of gameplay features such as weapons, combat, traversal mechanics, player skills, inventory and camera; and systemic features such as the living world, quest and encounter system;
- Work on the technical design, implementation, extension and optimization of one or more of these features.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have at least 5 years of previous experience as a programmer in the games industry;
- Have extensive experience with C++ and other applicable programming languages;
- Can optimize code for performance, size, scalability and clarity;
- Have experience with multithreaded programming;
- Have a good understanding of 3D math;
- Are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset;
- Are passionate about games and creating games;
- Enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment with people from various disciplines;
- Like tried-and-tested methods, however you're not afraid to try something new every now and then.
- You have experience in areas like animation, physics, scripting, client/server multiplayer and UI.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter; we like learning a bit about your background and your reasons for applying at Guerrilla.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.