Senior Gameplay Systems Designer
Guerrilla is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Gameplay Systems Designer to help create a variety of meaningful choices in core gameplay loops. We are searching for a seasoned candidate capable of designing and utilizing gameplay systems and their parameters to create items and character skills that can result in fun, interesting and spectacular experiences.
What you will do
As a Senior Gameplay Systems Designer at Guerrilla, you will:
- Design, prototype and implement gameplay systems and contents related to character skills, items and power progression
- Explore creative ways to create unique gameplay items and skills befitting the character and the world
- Work closely with 3C and Combat Designers to ensure cohesive player experience
- Work closely with programmers, artists and UI/UX designers to make high quality playable contents
- Work closely with your Lead, Directors and Producers to ensure a timely delivery of design documents and in-game features.
- Use metrics, player feedback, and a multitude of diverse analytics to improve the player’s experience
- Research and analyze games and other related medium for inspiration, and to share, inform, influence and teach rest of the team
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Gameplay Systems Designer with demonstrable experience working on gameplay systems related to character skills, items and power progression
- You have shipped at least one AAA game where you were in design ownership of gameplay systems related to player tools
- You have experience with node-based scripting to prototype and implement your ideas
- You understand and can adapt to the technical limitations of an online environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- You are comfortable working in a team environment and to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- You are self-motivated and take initiative.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and a link or PDF file of your portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.