Senior Social Systems Designer
Guerrilla is looking for an experienced Senior Social Systems Designer with a passion for game systems that can bring players together to form lasting friendships.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Lead Game Designer, you will work within a team of designers with special focus on the social systems. As an experienced Social Systems Designer you will design and share innovative features to build, engage, and nurture player interactions and relationships. In this role you will:
- Promote safe, healthy and fun social experience between players with varying degrees of social engagement comfort levels.
- Explore creative ways for players to connect with strangers in-game that can evolve into lasting friendships.
- Design matchmaking systems that promote like-minded players to find each other.
- Design verbal and non-verbal communication tools for players smoothly take on cooperative challenges.
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure promotion of positive social experience and prevent abuse in all features
- Design and ensure early integration and testing of moderation tools that promotes safe community
- Work closely with your Lead, Producers and Project Managers to ensure a timely delivery of design documents and in-game features.
- Coordinate with QA to make sure game features are fully tested and stable.
- Work closely with the community developers to ensure social systems working as intended
- Analyze and parse tracked data to extract actionable tasks.
- Analyze how games on the market utilize social interactions to promote player-to-player bond.
WHO YOU ARE
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Have 5+ years of experience as a Game Designer, with 1+ shipped title as a Social Designer, and demonstrable experience working on social systems (e.g. player communication, matchmaking, moderation tools, and first party platform integration).
- Have clear and correct communication skills (in English), strong problem solving skills, and a willingness to support the team, leads and production where needed.
- Can clearly advocate and prioritize social features to internal and external stakeholders, and ensure our design and community philosophies are consistent.
- Have experience with node-based scripting to prototype and implement your ideas.
- Understand and can adapt to the technical limitations of an online environment.
- Understand features and limitations of console platform social features to better integrate and adapt alongside in-game social features.
- Are able to work within an international team environment.
- Have a keen interest in game industry developments and competitor research.
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, our vacancies are based on-site, in our studio in Amsterdam. For qualified candidates, we offer visa, permit, relocation and immigration support. Depending on the role, we do offer hybrid work models allowing our employees to work from home one or more days per week.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and a link or PDF file of your portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work.
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths, and perspectives they will bring to the role.