Technical Art Manager
Support Guerrilla’s Technical Art group and empower them to deliver world class tools, workflows and pipelines
WHO WE ARE
Through constant collaboration, Guerrilla’s Technical Art team bridges the gap between various art and engineering departments to achieve the studio’s ambitions for its current and future games and engine developments. The Technical Art group at Guerrilla consists of teams that take care of a wide variety of tasks and tools, such as:
- Designing and maintaining workflows and pipelines for the art teams, both in DCC as well as in engine
- Steering the direction and requirements of Decima Engine’s tech and tools, specifically aimed at the artistic vision of Guerrilla’s current and future games.
- Co-development of new engine features and tools together with various engineering teams
- Driving and supporting different look development tracks
- Support for the various art teams immediate needs
- Help with organizing and optimizing the game’s content
- Creation of all the materials and shaders in the game
- Automated/procedural creation and population of assets in the world
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Technical Art Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with the Technical Art Directors, Technical Art Leads, and other core team members to implement the overall vision & determine technical as well as production feasibility
- Ensure workflows and best practices are unified across projects, consults other Leads and Principals to ensure their needs are met/concerns are addressed
- Lead the Technical Art Leads group, as far as applicable
- Review feature design specs and identify as well as analyze risks for production
- Help develop tools and tech for studio wide and multi-project use
- Participate in recruitment to further develop the Technical Art teams and foster their professional development
- Help balance resources across multiple projects, has long term view on allocation across studio
- Take on the role of Project Technical Art Lead where needed/if applicable
- Appraise the various Technical Art Leads and advise for Sub Lead or Sub Team member appraisals if required
- Work with other Leads to ensure good professional growth and career development opportunities are presented to Environment Art team members
WHO YOU ARE
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have been working in the games or entertainment industry for at least 7 years, with at least 3 years of leadership experience.
- Possess a broad understanding of the techniques used in game engines as well as content production using 3D software such as Maya, Houdini, Substance.
- Can speak to your experience in the development of tools, workflows and pipelines for art teams on previous projects in a management role or otherwise.
- Evidence ownership over your work and are intrinsically motivated to deliver quality results
- Enjoy collaborating with others and creating cross-department solutions
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, our vacancies are based on-site, in our studio in Amsterdam. For qualified candidates, we offer visa, permit, relocation and immigration support. Depending on the role, we do offer hybrid work models allowing our employees to work from home one or more days per week.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter that speaks to your reasons for applying at Guerrilla.
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths, and perspectives they will bring to the role.