Help define and carry out the artistic vision of Guerrilla's projects
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
As Technical Art Director you work closely together with the other Art Directors and the Technical Art Lead to help define and carry out the artistic vision of the game.
You are the bridge between artists and engineers and in doing so you maintain a close relationship with many disciplines to drive both existing and future tech and tools. At the same time you are responsible for maintaining and improving pipelines and workflows in order for the art teams to work effectively, efficiently and comfortably.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Technical Art Director, you main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Define technical roadmaps and long term vision for the tech art team;
- Prototype cutting edge approaches to art and content creation and spearhead R&D efforts;
- Improve existing content creation tools and pipelines based on both current and long term needs and requirements;
- Identify and resolve workflow and pipeline problems for internal art teams;
- Implement new technologies and workflows;
- Organize, prioritize and assign work for technical artists;
- Set standards for and guard the quality of both the technical implementation as well as the visual results of in-game content and tools;
- Gain a deep understanding of Decima’s tools and technology and the current project’s content to be able to solve technical issues as they come up or help others doing so.
WHO YOU ARE
Do you recognize yourself in the following requirements?:
- At least 5 years of experience as a technical artist on a shipped AAA title;
- A deep understanding of modern content creation tools and workflows: modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, animation, and lighting;
- An excellent understanding of modern game-engine and CG fundamentals;
- An excellent understanding of modern physically based materials and lighting;
- A good understanding of modern graphics hardware;
- Experience with modern graph based programming;
- Experience with modern Maya, Substance Painter and Designer, Houdini;
- High proficiency in Python;
- Knowledge of modern shading languages such as PSSL, HLSL or GLSL.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work.
A test can be part of the application procedure.
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths, and perspectives they will bring to the role.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.