Guerrilla is looking for a Senior UI Tech Programmer to help craft exceptional UI experiences, whilst shaping and enhancing tools for our Decima Engine.
Who we are
The UI Programming Team:
At Guerrilla, we're on a mission to redefine gaming experiences with immersive UIs that captivate players globally. As a Senior UI Tech Programmer, you'll be at the heart of this innovation, working within our Amsterdam-based studio that brought the world-renowned Horizon series
What you will do
As a Senior UI Tech Programmer Programmer at Guerrilla we will look to you to:
- Collaborate with Game and UI Programmers and Designers to continuously enhance capabilities and introduce new features for building UIs within our Decima Engine.
- Maintain, extend, and optimize the current UI framework and ensure its performance meets high standards.
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable C++ code.
- Actively engage with programmers and designers, generating innovative ideas to improve our existing UI toolset.
- Implement and optimize the visual elements to bring the user interface in the game to life.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a passion for pushing the boundaries of Game Development and have a track record of at least 5 years in programming within the gaming industry or related fields.
- Demonstrate proficiency in C++ programming with exceptional software design skills.
- Be skilled in optimizing code for performance, size, scalability, and clarity.
- Feel at ease working within a large existing codebase and toolset.
- Have an in-depth understanding of modern game UI frameworks
- Harbor a creative and technically astute vision for tool development and exhibit a genuine passion for creating high-quality tools.
- Experience in areas like animation, shader programming, visual scripting, and UI asset pipelines.
- Knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms.
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, our vacancies are based on-site, in our studio in Amsterdam. For qualified candidates, we offer visa, permit, relocation and immigration support. Depending on the role, we do offer hybrid work models allowing our employees to work from home up to a maximum of two days per week.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit:
- Cover Letter
If you have existing materials:
- C++ code sample that showcases your programming skills. Please include an overview.
- Demo material presenting your tools (video or screenshots and a short overview).
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths, and perspectives they will bring to the role.